In Railway Upgrade news:
- Environmental reports show the trees at the station site are dying and birdlife would not be affected by their removal
- The awning over the city side of the station and pedestrian crossing will be removed at night between November 29th and December 2nd.
- Work in early 2011 will include construction of a temporary platform, changes to road access from Samford Road and the move of all bike lockers on the Samford Road side.
- The tavern will be demolished in February of 2011
- By mid 2011 additional parking on the site of old tavern will be available. Through travel between Samford Road and Convalla Street will not be possible by car or on foot. The bus stop will have been relocated.
In Railway Precinct news (mentioned in passing in relationship to the tavern):
- The Community has chosen 'Vision 1' out of the 2 precinct visions presented. This vision allows for a new tavern to built later as part of the precinct program.
- Therefore, the tavern may yet reappear as part of the precinct.
Additional consultations regarding the upgrade will be held with the community on November 29th and December 2nd at the Ferny Grove bowls club, at 10am and 4pm respectively.
While doing some more internet searching I also came across this forum discussion which has been ongoing since 2009 about the upgrade. For additional opinion and history on the subject, check it out.